.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Monday, April 10, 2006

I was talking to Chris and Clint today while walking back from CVS, and we realized that currently, Looney Tunes are rarely shown on Cartoon Network. So it got me thinking.

"Huffy bikes and L.A. Lights,
iPods, internet, cell phones.
Grass stains, Tide will clean them.
Blood stains, you're on your own."

I'm genuinely afraid for our generation, but I am totally petrified for the ones that follow. I know I'm not the only one who has this fear, but seriously, are we going to cut it? As childhood innocence and wonder becomes replaced with complete apathy (with life, that is. Electronic gizmos and smut and violence are always entertaining), what is the quality of life going to be like in the future?

Maybe I should go with the millenial dispensationalists (doomsdays groups, super-fundamental Christians, etc.) and say that it can't possibly get any worse, and this world is going to end soon. But the thing is, it's not. I hope that we don't kill ourselves off like we are programmed to, because I think that deep down, we're a little better than that. We're animals, yes, but do we have to be "animals"?

I'll cut this rant short because I have to go do some homework, and I'm not stating anything genuinely thought-provoking. There is a lot to fear in this world, and I know it's not going to get any better overall in years to come. I just have to make sure not to perpetuate fear and hate during my life and I'll be doing my part for mankind, however infinitesimally small it may be.


7:25 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment


Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide