.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Drew Panettieri, this kid that I knew from middle school, died recently. I didn't know him all that well; I think I had 7th grade art class with him (granted, our art table was close), but the reason I mention him is because it still surprises me that people can just...die. I could just die any day now, and this freaks me out.

Mortality is interesting; I don't know if I will ever get to the point where the idea of death just phases me. I suppose I will when I'm older, you know, after my parents die, after my aunt dies, after our new bunny dies, (not Botulism, I'm surpised that she HASN'T died...I'm waiting any day for her to kick the bucket) etc. I just don't want that point to come any time soon. I'd like to be surprised by my own death as well. If I get cancer, boy, will I be pissed off. I'd just like to go as naturally as possible. I don't want to die from a jazzy plane crash or say "bye bye" after my bungee cord snaps and I collide head first with god knows what (First of all, bungee jumping is one of the most stupid ideas that mankind has produced. Secondly, if I ever even CONSIDER doing it, you, yes you, have the right to stage an intervention and/or shoot me. I'll be surprised, that's for damn sure, and at least I won't dive (figuratively and literally) into deeper levels of jackassdom).

So enough about death. How about life? I like it. I like the fact that I can go outside and play retarded volleyball if I want to. I can go to a disgustingly trendy art show and pretend that I'm genuinely interested in the art, when in fact, I'm just there because all of the restaurants have already closed, and the salsa was the greatest work of art in that stuffy place. It really was that good.

I like doing minor acts of vandalism, and have decided that I should do more, you know, just to lighten the mood of this place. My first act of "vandalism" was crossing out the "cookies" in the sign "Girl Scout cookies for sale." Apparently, the head honcho of CIT didn't appreciate it; screw him, I found it amusing. Little things like that seem to make the mundane a little less so.

Oh, and see the movie "Waking Life" if you haven't yet. It's an awesome mind trip wrapped up in philosophy. Kind of like a brainy burrito; it makes you think about issues instead of having them (think typical Mexican food aftermath).
Disclaimer: you might get motion sickness from the animation (which is incredibly inventive).

Well, I have to write a paper on the aforementioned movie, and perhaps get dressed (I know, it's the late afternoon, but it's Sunday and I'm a college student).

Farewell for now,
Jacquie


4:38 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment


Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide