.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Boy, does my mom spill the beans when she's had too much drinky-drink...

Anyway, it's that time of the year again, although it seems as if it's that time of the month. Hold on, that didn't sound right...

I'm thinking about relationships. I know, I know, it's shocking. After having heard about my lesbianic dream and considering my manliness and the "I don't give a fuck" facade that I sometimes puts on in the company of those of the opposite sex...deep down, I'm actually the relationship type (Meaning, I like relationships. I wouldn't go asking any of my ex's about how great of a girlfriend I was, because results may be...interesting...).

I think this started today when Nick started showing me his Match.com profile and whatnot (speaking of which, Joan Rivers is on that website now!) and also when my brother disclosed his girl problems. Well, problems WITH girls that is (although he DOES want to dye his hair bright pink). Apparently, some girl down the street wants to have sex with him, and "all of the 9th graders get laid". Well shit. I must not have really been a ninth grader. I'm a sham.

So, I used my own kind of Match.com: Facebook. Oh, come on, don't tell me that you haven't used it to look people up if you're single. Anyway, I decided to do a little experiment. Is it true that "all of the good guys are either taken or gay"? I checked it out, and it turns out that this is mostly incorrect...as far as Moravian freshman males go.

I wasn't at all surprised by what the majority of guys put in their profiles: they like Wedding Crashers (the meatloaf line appeared in many profiles), they like incredibly shitty music, the like sports and sports/action movies, they love to drink, and they think that reading is for pussies. Jesus, I wonder where the meathead stereotype came from. Oh wait, they do it for us; how convenient.

But then, something odd happened. I looked at the guys in relationships. Naturally, a lot of this same crap appeared, but then there would be moments of glory in an otherwise bland list of profile. I realized something else: I'm already friends with many of the guys who I would consider dating, whether or not they are single. Yeah, I'm rambling, but I have a computer and it's almost 1, so...yeah.

Well, even though I haven't stuck "gold" yet, I think I have some time. There's always the incoming freshmen (I'm not going to lie; I saw a possible candidate) and more experiences to meet people and/or get to know people better.

Alright, that was pointless.

In other news, I saw Botulism today. My two favorite quotes from this endeavor are:
1) "Do you have black people at your school?"
2) (After hitting Scott on the head with an empty water bottle)
"You shouldn't do that. The plastic could break and cut his head, and then he would get an infection and you would need needles..." *babbles on while I leave the room to crack up*

Sigh.

I have some sleepage and CD listen-age to do (I got "The Best of George Harrison" and a Spiritualized CD today at Siren for 8 bucks!). Happy Easter.
~ Jacquie

P.S. What the fuck does a bunny have to do with the resurrection of Jesus? I'm sorry if that offended anyone's ideals, but I have to know this.


12:29 AM | Jacquie | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment


Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide