.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Last night while I was trying to go to sleep, I decided that I'm going to learn sign language. I always thought it was interesting (I probably missed half of 8th grade science because I was paying more attention to Tiffany's interpreter), and if I'm going to learn something new, why not do it in college?

Plus, if I get really good, I can find new ways to annoy people with silence (sorry guys). Mwahaha...

I decided to hop on the motivation train and started to hunt for summer jobs this weekend. I'll give you the run down on the places that I already applied to:

1. Doylestown Library - Basically, I'd be shelving books for a long time. Pros: silence (I'd get to say "Shh!"), free book rental (huge bonus), AND the chance to work with old ladies and a guy whose hair and makeup puts those of 80's glam rockers to shame. Cons: So few books, so little time.

2. County Theater - I probably wasn't pretentious enough on the application (they were demanding a LOT from me), but what the hell, I can walk there. Pros: I'm not claustrophobic, so I wouldn't mind sitting in a tiny air-conditioned booth for a few hours, free movie tickets to movies that I want to see but am too cheap to pay for...maybe?, the chance to make snide remarks about townies to amuse myself. Cons: I might run out of townies to make fun of, but I'm sure my brother will manage to find some more and send them over (if I get the jorb).

3. The Larder - It's a food/candy shop in Doylestown. Pros: Working with sweet old ladies (the elderly love me, what can I say?), chocolate, and steroid-injected jawbreakers. Cons: Cavities? Affection overload? I'm willing to take my chances.

4. Blockbuster - Self-explanatory. Cons: Awesome employee garb (I'd get to represent for Tamanend Middle School again), free movie rentals, the opportunity to destroy bad movies that no one rents (according to Jesse, a Blockbuster employee), and the chance to tell people that there are no more late fees! Cons: I actually hate the blue/yellow color combination, but if they're paying me, then I LOVE it. (Did I mention no late fees? Yeah, Blockbuster loves you more than that Jesus guy does. Psh, dying for your sins...)

5. Hollywood Video - Pretty much the same thing, different location. I'd probably rather work at Blockbuster, but if this place is willing to forget the fact that yes, I have been convicted of a felony in the past 10 years, then I'll go here.

I looked into Commerce Bank, but I am waaaay too underqualified. If all of these don't pan out, then I'll probably apply at the Bucks County Country Club. How snooty can it be, it's in Jamison (which is where my redneck father lives). It's not like they can sail their yachts down York Road. However, MBIT has possiblities...


9:04 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment


Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide