.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

I was walking by the HUB today to go fill out a survey for an experiment, and I suddenly found myself wading through a bizarre stench...
French fries and shit.
If America could be characterized up by an odor, that would be it.

Before I go to sleep, my brain paces up and down mental stairs. Sometimes it falls; it often gets exhausted and gives up. I guess it is something about having the time to think (however inappropriate it is) and the silence to do it clearly. Some nights, my brain keeps going up the stairs.

For instance, one night last week, my brain was running full speed up the stairs. As exhausted as my physical body was, the jogger kept going. What resulted was a mishmosh theory of sorts. Due to the fact that I'm not a particularly original person, I'm sure this has been thought up already, but regardless, I'll share.

So it's like this. There are three different stages that people can be in. Given this has not really been worked out, and it's only now debuting, it's a little rough. So here are the three stages:

1. Passively observing
2. Actively observing
3. Creating

Yeah, nothing shocking. But it was interesting to kind of look at people and wonder what stage they would be in according to this system. Right now, I suppose I'm creating. The thoughts are going down through my fingers and onto this screen. I wish I remembered everything I thought of that night, because my mind was incredibly clean (not muddied by stimuli). It's easy to go from one stage or the other; we do it all the time. However, there are certain instances when I can think of people who are primarily stuck in one (or think they are).

Even in our sleep, we're passively observing our environment even though we are not consiously aware of it. Think of how, sometimes, something that is going on in the surrounding (ex: alarm clock, someone talking) can mesh into what is going on in our own little dream world; it's truly fascinating. People are fascinating, and I love them for it.

Well, I guess I'll snap out of psychology mode and go eat something. Figure skating and a phone call are coming tonight, and I do not want to miss either.


5:15 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment


Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide