.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Happy Holidays to everyone out there in cyberland.

I think coming home from college is akin to culture shock. Well, maybe not like culture shock, but it's shocking nonetheless. I've lived outside of the Baker/Dombroski bubble for a few months, and upon returning to residential headquarters, quite a few things have come to my attention, such as:

1. My family is possibly going to Hawaii. Now, when my mom talked about this possible future excursion, she used the term "we." My aunt asked, "Tracey, is Jacquie going?" Without hestitation (and making eye contact) she said, "No, she needs to find a job." Alright, I definitely understand that, but a) warn me before you exclude me and b) it's freaking Hawaii! I think I could arrange a couple days off from work.

2. Without telling me, my brother and dad hacked up my piano. As I walked into the living room, I saw the Christmas tree in an odd location. It suddently hit me, and my jaw dropped to the floor. "Oh, didn't your brother tell you?" my dad said. No, not really. My dad also said I should tell her that the "900-pound paperweight" (as she called it) is gone." Just to rub it in my dad said, "Hey Jack, do you feel that? (points to the woodstove) It's the piano." 'Tis the season to be jolly.

3. I've been trying to tone down my language lately, but apparently, my brother Kyle has kicked it up a notch. The first thing my brother said to me (after insulting me) was "Hey Jacquie, want some fucking cookies?" Yeah...he's 11. And he's the "good" one. Or was, I should say. Get me out of here.

4. The only thing that makes my mom and aunt get along during Christmas Eve is food, wine, and "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer." During the holidays, our family celebrates our healthy, non-dysfunctional relationships that we have with one another. I can't wait until my crazy grandmom comes into town. I'm already selling tickets for the family smackdown.

5. Sales are amazing. I've really grown to despise shopping (I really don't need to list reasons) but saving money makes it all worth it. I got a $50 gift certificate to Old Navy, and with $46 dollars I bought 2 pairs of jeans, 6 shirts (4 of them were $1.97 each) and a skirt. Now that's a Merry Christmas.

Well, I have to go unofficially babysit kids at my aunt's house now. Merry Breakmas, everyone!


4:10 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment


Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide