.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

10 current thoughts in the mind of Jacq:

1. I really miss my brothers. I just came back from seeing Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. Several times when watching the good, Jesus (I mean lion)-following kiddos kick ass, I thought man, I wish I could fight some ice bitch with my brothers. Oh wait, that's what we do when we go see Botulism.

2. My first semester of college is over. Technically, 1/8 of my college career has already flown by, and although this fraction isn't very large, it's still something. I wrote the longest papers I've ever written, made Reeves Library (with 50 cent tea, mind you) my home, and made some friends along the way. Currently, I can't wait to get the hell out of here, but I heard "Morning Star" the other day and thought, "Hey, I could go for another exhausting round of Vespers." What can I say, Bethlehem has me whipped. (My desktop picture is of one of those fake mules in front of the Hotel Bethlehem. Yeah, it's that bad.)

3. God, I hope I don't get sick. Marina and a few others are sick, and knowing my luck, I'll have a flutastic Christmas. I have to go home and help my mom get ready for the arrival of Grammi (my crazy, theatrical maternal grandmother) and my two cousins. They're 13 and 14 and they're taller than me. Sigh.

4. I like making lists (see half of the posts I've written, and you'll notice this as well.)

5. I still have feelings for Drew. Sometimes I wish I were a robot, so my awkwardness could be blamed on faulty wiring or something and I wouldn't be so damn emotionally vulnerable. I just want him to say to me "No, Jacquie, me no likey you" or "Hey Jacquie, you want to make this less awkward and start where we left off unofficially?" or something because either I'm really dense or I just want some direction. I believe (and hope) that it's the latter of the two. Although I'm apathetic most of the time, when it comes to matters of the heart, I don't surrender easily unless someone makes it clear to me that there is no absolutely no chance. (ahem.)

6. You know, as supposedly unattractive as Billy Crystal is, there's just some quality about him that is adorable. I think it's his style of humor. Regardless of what it is, I'd like to give him a hug.

7. I really need some new CDs. Back when I had a job (babysitting: 8th-10th grade), I was making the big bucks ($21 for 2.5 hours). I used to buy a CD once every couple weeks. Now I'm a po' college student who has a hard time parting with a dollar (to wash or not to wash my clothes, that is the question...). Financially speaking, I miss the good ol' days.

8. Certain people (me) use certain types of statements (those of the parenthetical variety) way too much (but you can never have enough!) ("Shut it up, shut it up, you!").

9. Je suis un peu fatigue. For those of you non-Francophone readers, it means that I'm a little teapot. I'm short, and compared to August Jacquie, fairly stout. My size 0 pants aren't as flattering or comfortable as they used to be. No worries, however, I'll probably lose some weight over the break due to notorious lack of food in my house. If I don't, it's an excuse to go shopping with...oh, the nonexistent currency that I possess. Riiight... One more thing: I do have an ass now. That's right folks, the gossip is true after all. (Oh, and the first phrase actually meant that I'm a little tired, but if you didn't know that, then, uh, now you do...bitch.)

10. After my French exam tomorrow, I'm free until January 16th. I can't wait. I'm going to go to bed now so tomorrow will come faster, and because I'm a little teapot. I really need to stop doing that talking thing. Well, goodnight moon and goodnight all one of you.


11:58 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment


Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide