.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

The past two weeks have been highly eventful.
Let's see...the last time I posted was June 13th. Today is...June 30th. Oh boy. I'll try to keep this as short as possible. Wait, who am I kidding?

Alright, well, on June 14th I turned 18. Weird. Went to Ooka, good stuff.

Fast forward to the 17th: graduation. Contrary to expectations from myself and others, I did not cry. Also weird, because usually I'm the huge sap sobbing in a corner at some "last" event. Any possibility of there being a last usually even triggers the release of a couple tears. But alas, this day was fairly dry (in this sense and weather, I got a nice sunburn from sitting outside). I almost cried during "Lift Ev'ry Voice and Sing" but I stopped myself. Go me. I'll miss East, specifically one senior, but I don't have to get into that one...now, anyway.

On the 18th, I (along with half of the world) had my graduation party. Good stuff. Lots o' people = lots o' moolah.

I forget what happened on the 19th. Oh well.

On Monday, the 20th, I left to go to Senior Week in LBI. Since I wrote everything from the trip in a journal, I'm sparing anyone who reads this by not writing about it again. I went with Brittany, Marina, Becci, Bridget, Danielle, and Lauren (it was her house) and later, Dave, Jesse, Brian and Adam showed up. I got some sun, some interesting pictures, and it was a nice time to slow down and chill out. However, I did miss my friends back home, and was glad to go home on Saturday although there was a little part of me that wanted to lie on the beach for all of eternity.

Unfortunetly, neither part of myself was satisfied. My mom picked me up on Saturday and instead of going home, we went to Wildwood to stay in her boyfriend's parents' condo for a night. Woohoo. My grandmom and mother screamed at each other, and we had a jolly good time.

I got back the next day and went to Marina's graduation party. Some interesting games of "Duck Duck Goose" were played. I got to see everyone again, and I did some mental rejoicing.

Monday...oh yeah. Monday was my day of nothingness. Time to, you know, gather thoughts and clean the house and do laundry and...yeah.

Tuesday. Good day. Went to Ooka for lunch and bid adeus to Janna and Darko, who have to go back to their native countries. Went to my first (insert whistle noise here) appointment to find out that they didn't take my insurance. I was kind of relieved not to have been violated. Dan and I chatted for a bit when I came home, and I (and probably Dan as well) felt so much better afterwards. Then, I went to see "Layer Cake" at the County Theater with Asian Tom and Zach. Good flick. We galavanted a bit, sang some classics together in the car, and eventually ate ice cream at Chez Jacquie. 'Twas a good day.

Yesterday was slendid as well. Drew came over my house and we watched most of "The 'Burbs." After dropping my mom off to get her car from the dealership, Drew and I went to Chuck E. Cheese's. Totally impromptu and definitely worth it. Because we knew Steve Suffian, we got in with no problem. We even got tokens out of the deal! Drew and I got our picture taken in a booth and then it was "drawn" by the machine. It was so cool that we decided to do it an additional...1, 2...10 times. After that we went to Poco's for dinner with Drew's friend Matt and his girlfriend, Mindy. We attempted to see Blackthorn but a) we got lost (my fault) b) it was moved and c) it was already full by the time we got there. Matt and Mindy went home and I went over Drew's house and hung around for awhile. It was awesome.

So, that brings me (or us, if anyone's reading this) to today. Steph and I went to the King of Prussia mall to meet up with Jen, who moved to Norristown last year. We somehow managed to find the mall just fine, however, Jen called us and said she needed a ride. I remembered my mom saying, "I don't want you in Norristown; it's the ghet-to." So we went to Norristown, BUT, we got lost on the way there. We did manage to get on some road that Jen didn't even know about and we got a nice look of the Rosemont College campus. We turned around and managed to find Norristown and Jen's house. We went to the mall for a bit, and I got in touch with my feminine side (but not so much that I bought a skirt...I opted to purchase "The Hour of the Bewilderbeast" by Badly Drawn Boy. I'm listening to it now, and it's excellent). We went back to Jen's for a bit, and left in the afternoon...and yeah, we got lost again. But getting lost with a friend is more fun than frightening, even if you're in the "ghet-to." On the way home, the song "Too Close" came on the radio (old 5th grade-era pop favorite), and I started dancing. I looked over at the car next to me, and two little girls were dancing too and watching Steph and I. It was hilarious. We all kept dancing, and when they drove away, we all waved. I still can't get over how funny that was. I love when things like that happen. I went to my aunt's after that adventure and it wasn't enjoyable.

So, I'm hanging around now. Goddamn, this album is good. I think I'll choose an appropriate quote to end this all with...hmm...ah yes...

"And so it goes
the moral to this tale
As tortoise catches snail
A strong heart will prevail
It keeps on pumping
It still needs something
Just give it something
I'll take nothing
Just give it something
To keep it pumping
And I'll take nothing
Just give me something."
- "Pissing in the Wind" - Badly Drawn Boy

6:21 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments links to this post


Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide