.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Although I'm not easily phased anymore by the things that my classmates say...

("Oh, Rwanda is a PLACE...I thought it was just the name of the hotel!"
- some girl in International Relations)

...I was the other day.

So I'm sitting in Economics, easily the most useless of the required classes, and one of the more talkative guys in my class starts to speak. Nothing new. But as I looked across the classroom, past the drool-finished desks and flatlined faces, I noticed that this "jock" wasn't as mindless as one would assume.

He said something along the lines of, "Do you ever think, when you see someone, 'Wow, I'm never going to see you again.' I mean, when you're at the store and someone waves, or when the guy at the movie takes your ticket, wouldn't it be more appropriate to say 'Have a nice life'? I just think that it's so weird..."

Miss Einhorn nodded.
"Wow Kurt, that's deep man" responded a guy as he picked his nose.

Ok, so he didn't pick his nose, but I wouldn't be surprised. What Kurt said wasn't earth shattering in any way, but I respected his efforts for two reasons. One, I don't have high expectations for the guys in my Economics class for many reasons, but this made me think twice about lumping them all into one chaotic group, and two, he threw something out there that put him at risk for being teased for by the alpha males peppered throughout the room. I say give Kurt some kudos. Plus, he always turns on 97.5 The Hawk during the 9 o'clock classic rock block, so I give him points for that too.

I guess it's not too late to see something new in high school.

Tomorrow is locker cleanout...Yikes.

I feel like I'm going full speed ahead...
where's the break on this thing?


5:13 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment


Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide