.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Ok, so I'm online, just randomly milling aboot, and then suddenly I see something...

Ben Folds' new CD is in stores!
(I must be the last person in the world to know this.)

So, after flipping out for a little bit, I decide to take action. I'm going to buy it and listen to it in the comfort of one of my homes.

I run outside and notice that my mom's car is parked in front of mine. Shit. So I start to run in the direction of Siren Records. I run a good, I don't know, 2 seconds before I stop (I'm horribly out of shape), and then begin a mean power walk. I walk past some punk-ass kids at Cyberstop who make some fart noise or growl at me, but it doesn't matter that they don't have lives, because I'm getting that CD, and all is good in the world. Ahhh.

Finally, the time approacheth. I walk up to Siren, see the lights on, and have a little party inside my head. I stop before going in, gaze into the store, then notice something. There's two guys inside, but the lights are only on a little bit...and they're coming out...and SON OF A BITCH THEY'RE CLOSING THE STORE!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I stare at the store and at one of the employees, in hope that he'd get my telepathic message in the name of good music. But alas, he did not, and I walk away. As I'm walking, I look at the window display. Yeah, you guessed it. Awesome in all of its Ben Folds glory. Then I think "Trac Records!" but it's cold, and I'm supposed to be watching my brothers. Fuck.

I trudge back home, past Cyberstop and the burnout tweens, and run into my room.
What a disappointment.

So, I guess I'll get the CD tomorrow, but the wait will not be easy. *Sigh*

Have a good night.


9:56 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment


Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide