.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

It's been a week since I've last posted, and let me tell you, lone reader, it's been an eventful one. I'll do a week play-by-play, like those sports types do. I'm going to warn you, it will be quite lengthy...

"Awwww here it goes!"
(It is recommended that one listen to Coolio while reading the following text.)

Saturday: I feel like being exact. About four and a half hours after I blogged about prom, I text messaged Drew. (I'd explain why, but it would make this even longer.) fortunately, he received said message, and called me. At first, the conversation was a little awkward, but eventually we warmed up to each other and talked for about 3 hours. At the end of the conversation, Drew said something like:

"Oh, I was going to ask you this in person, but...will you go out with me?"

Right here *circles moment* was when I spontaneously combusted, only to be resurrected with the help of Chubby Jesus days later.

Ok, so I didn't explode, but I almost did. Obviously, I said yes, and after that I started laughing...and I don't exactly know why. I figure it was because of the unexpectedness of the event, the hour of the night, and my sheer happiness. *Sigh* After we hung up, I immediately phoned a sleeping Zach, who would wake to rejoice with me in the wee morning hours.

Sunday: Ah, Mother's Day. A day of bonding for some, a day of visiting Bachelism (sp?) for me. Yes, we call our dear Great-Grandmother by the formal name of food poisoning, but we're not bad people. Really. After spending a few hours in Bridesburg (the "Little Poland" of Philly) we went to Aunt Viv's house for a barbecue. The carnivore inside of me was more than satisfied after I inhaled some ribs. Mmm. I believe that I talked to Drew that night on the telly, which was also wonderful.

Monday: After the AP Music Theory exam severely raped me, I skipped the remainder of math class to go to C lunch. On the way to the cafeteria, I saw that my AP Bio teacher's classroom was opened, and I walked in to say hi to Mr. Moyer, who I hadn't seen for quite some time. We ended up having a half hour-long conversation about Moravian, (he was a greyhound too) both of our futures, (he's retiring) and other things. He's one of the reasons why I'm going to Moravian, well, not specifically, but I want more of those close student-teacher relationships that I've had throughout many years of school. Monday was a gorgeous day. To celebrate, Zach, Drew and I went "hedging" (the practice of throwing one's self into a bush) across the street from school. We went to Rita's Water Ice and I skipped piano lessons in the process (shh!). I'm bad like that. I went over Zach's for some math help, only to discover that I hadn't brought my math stuff with me. So we watched most of "Ghost World" and ate some fish. Too bad math can't be that enjoyable. Monday night was (my last) choir rehearsal, so it was a bit sad, but nothing like what would happen on Wednesday...

Tuesday: I gave Drew the letter that I wrote to him during math class one day from about...2 weeks ago. It was embarrassing (the letter was genuinely corny, because that's my style), but relieving because I indirectly told him about how long I've had feelings for him. I was asked last minute to do stage crew for the Talent Show, so I stayed after for that. That's right, I would once again be a Stage Crew Ninja! After hanging out more at school (Teschner pointed out that we have no lives) with Drew, Jeff, Alex, and Tony (who I drove home), I left. I had to do a portfolio essay (due the previous Tuesday) but left my papers at my mom's...which was a good excuse for escaping the wrath of GTA: San Andreas, but an even BETTER excuse for visiting Drew at work. Beforehand, I stopped at Acme to pick up a Reese's Fastbreak for Drew, and then headed to see him. Apparently, the candybar was a nice surprise. :) I hung out there for about a half hour/45 minutos, and zen vent home.

Wednesday: Reader's Digest version: SOBFEST 2005.
My version: I went to Rita's again with Zach, Pat the Bunny and Marona after school, and was conned into getting a Misto shake as opposed to my regular Gelati. I was neither disappointed nor blown away, so there, Zach. Mwahaha. Anyway, the final choir concert of the year, and of my high school years, was on Wednesday. In photo, I made a list of things to do, and included "Cry at concert" for numero 6. I had no idea how MUCH crying I would do. After Rita's, Marina and I stopped at my mom's to pick up my rosette for the concert, and I discovered a note on the table. It turns out that Nick is not renewing his lease, and will be moving out some time in the near future. I distracted myself from thinking about this by showing Marina old pictures of my family and whatnot. Dan stopped by my house and officially declared that I was dead to him. All I have to say is THANK GOD! JK! LYLAS! TEHE!

Then came the concert. Marina and I showed up a tad late, about 20 minutes or so, and Teschner pulled me aside. Earlier in the day, he stopped me in the hallway and asked if I would hand out awards at the concert. So, he went over the drill and then it was showtime. The first three songs went well, but then came Men's Ensemble. Here's where the waterworks went off. (Go alliteration.) They began singing "Unchained Melody," and I began to think of the fact that this was my last performance, and also, the last time I would hear Men's Ensemble...en ensemble. Men's Ensemble has always been my favorite out of the choir groups, and it was sad to think that this was the last time I'd hear them, at least as a choir member. From "Ave Maria" to "Go Down Moses" and everything else in between, they've blown me away. After Men's, Select, and Women's (I cried again, this time because I looked at Teschner's hands.) Concert Choir went onstage again. *Circles moment* Here's where I started to break down. It didn't help that two of the three songs in this set were sad/sentimental/emotion. I think "My Heart's in the Highlands" did a number on me, and Marina said that she new the "farewell" at the end of the song would get me...and it did...and she laughed, haha.

Then, it was time for me to leave. Well, sort of. I left the stage to get the awards a little too early, but as Teschner addressed the seniors, I got a chance to cry a lot in the comfort of backstage...and Mrs. Caskey's hug...yeah...So, I walked onstage at the suggested cue and tried not to make an ass out of myself. I'm sure it didn't work, because I think I still cried at stupid things, but at least I didn't drop anything. We sang "When the Saints Go Marching In" as our last song, and like in rehearsal, I practically screamed the end of it, this time because it was my last hurrah. Oh, and my diction was fantastic out of respect for the Choir Gods and C.B. East's own Choir God, Mr. Teschner. After the concert, I received many hugs from friends and family...and Teschner:

"Baker, are you crying?"
"Silly girl."

I'm going to miss him.
Drew, Zach and I hung out for awhile afterwards, and I got a nice "goodnight" from Drew. :)

Thursday: The Day Without Drew. Drew was receiving an award, so Thursday was Drewless. And yes, I really did miss him. I went to another rehearsal for the Talent Show, and went home and did nothing. I waited to see if Drew would call me later that night, and I was close to calling him when the phone rang. I talked to him for a little bit, until my dad told me to get off (a couple times) and finally shouted, "Drew, I don't know you, but don't piss me off!" or something of that nature. Thanks a lot, daddy.

Friday: I have yet to mention that during this week, I have become progressively more sick. I couldn't stop coughing and my eye began to randomly hurt, but Friday was amazing nonetheless. I got to see Drew again, which was very nice. Wow, I just realized how Drew-heavy this post is, but can you blame me? I'm happy. Last night was the Talent Show, and it was a lot of fun. On the way there, Marina and I heard both The Mountain Goats AND Eyeball Skeleton on Princeton Radio. It was so awesome that I could hardly drive. At the Talent Show, I did some Ninja duties (I was the Piano Bench Wench), some backstage dancing...and some onstage dancing as well. During the last act, the band played "My Heart Will Go On," and under the suggestion of Jim Braun, almost everyone backstage went onstage and danced during the song. Little did we know how pissed off Fichtman would be, but it was SO worth it. I tangoed with Tony, skanked with Jeff and Marina, and pulled Rob on and danced with Sean and him. It was an awesome way to end my time onstage with Patriot Players. Marina, Zach, Drew and I hung out afterwards in the parking lot, and I probably contaminated them all with the plague. I received an even better "goodnight" from Drew. *Sigh*...Oh, well, I drove Marina home and went to my aunt's house, because I was going to do an archaeology program for Boy Scouts with her the next day. This leads me to...

Today: My aunt and I decided it would be best if I didn't go, because of how sick I am. I slept in, and went online around 1. Tom told me about his new girlfriend, and I am so happy for him. Dan told me that he's very happy for me, despite lingering paranoia.

In conclusion: I am a very happy camper. This week has been so good that it felt like a movie, especially last night. I finally have what I've wanted for a long time, and I'm still in disbelief. I can't believe he likes me...*Smile*

I know an appropriate way to end this post...

Here's to Spring Break! *Lifts shirt*

Have a super-de-duper day!

4:05 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments links to this post


Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide