.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Every once in awhile, (because I'm an overly sentimental dweeb) I look back at past posts to laugh at myself and whatnot. So, a couple of minutes ago, I decided to see what happened on this date 3 years ago. If any of you remember my blog from that time, it was an ADD-ridden Weezer reference fest with random friends thrown in occasionally. On April 21, 2002, I seemed to find Control Freak and the World Music Awards of great importance to my "audience." Oh wait, let's not forget Spider Solitaire...

Flash forward one year. On April 21, 2003, mini-me was writing a beautifully constructed rant about a trip to Outer Banks with her brother Kyle and her Aunt Viv and Uncle Charles. Fond memories, indeed...

"I was so relieved to be back in the ol' PA, despite wanting to leave it so many times before. It really takes a vacation to make you realize that your home really isn't all that bad. I'm just glad to say I'm back now with the people I love, and I hope to stay here for as long as possible."

Aww.

Then came a very shocking surprise...

"April 21, 2004 — A serious multi-vehicle accident has Route 413 shut down in Buckingham, Bucks County. It happened at Paist Road at 3:15pm.
One car possibly had 5 teenagers in it, all from Central Bucks East. Four medical helicopters and multiple ambulances were called to the scene."

...and the aftermath...

April 22, 2004:
"Our lunch table, probably the loudest one in the whole place, was practically mute today. Sometimes silence can be louder than sound."
"That's all for now. All we can do is have hope."

April 25, 2004:
"Two nights ago, I had a two-part dream.

The first part was a little odd, but nice, I guess.
Brandon Boger called me and told me that he was alright, and we had a nice conversation. Then he called back a couple of minutes later and told me that he called me by accident. Well, yeah. I also saw him in a hospital bed, Holly was there also if I remember correctly, and he was perfectly alright. That made me happy."

I don't think I ever told anyone about this, but a newspaper reporter e-mailed me right before Brandon's death. She found my blog while searching for his name, and read that excerpt. She asked me if I had any information about him. I was in AP Bio with him, and all I could possibly say about him is that he seemed like a nice guy, he liked Chappelle's Show, and that at one point, Missy and Jess argued over him. I didn't know what to say, so I never e-mailed her back. That might sound rude, but given the circumstances, I didn't want to be quoted because I didn't really know him, and that would be fraudulent and disrespectful. I probably should have e-mailed her back and apologized for not having anything to say, but I could never bring myself to hit the "Reply" button. I guess the silence speaks for itself.


2:57 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment


Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide