.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Monday, September 13, 2004

Well, today was the first day of tryouts for Pocahontas and A Christmas Carol. Being towards the beginning of the alphabet has its up and downs, but I guess it didn't really matter for me...

(Wayne's World flashback transition - "Doo loo loo, doo loo loo")

(Scene: Jacquie stands on stage, directors Fichtman and Eisenberg and the rest of the people auditioning in audience. After protesting with Fichtman, Jacquie was forced to sing, following someone amazing, of course...)

Jacquie: Uh...my name's Jacquie Baker, and uh, I'll be singing "My Country Tis of Thee" (shrugs shoulders)

Fichtman: Come on!

Jacquie: Ohhh...(makes protesting facial expressions and movements)

(Audience yells, laughs, etc. Jacquie laughs again.)

Fichtman: (sings) My country tis of thee...

Jacquie: Ok...(starts laughing, then takes a deep breathe)...
My country tis of thee,
sweet land of liberty.
Of thee I sing.
Land where my...
uh...
something something (crowd laughs)
something something something...let freedom ring!

Fichtman: Ok, that's enough!

(Jacquie bows)

(End scene.)

So yeah, not as I planned (because I planned NOT to sing as soon as she mentioned the option) but it was funny, and I wasn't embarrassed or something. Sean said I let down the country, but that's ok. I'm just glad that I, and some people, got a laugh out of it, which is right up my alley.

Tomorrow is the acting auditions and I'm so excited. I hope that I get a decent chance (unlike every other time) to show what I'm made of. I know I'm not bad at acting, so it should be a piece o' cake.


8:15 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment


Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide