.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Sunday, August 01, 2004

Well, this weekend was a very...trying one.

First, I found out that my dog cut her leg badly and needed stitches. Apparently, she was outside at my dad's friend's house (he's Canadian, eh.) and heard lightning strike, started running, slipped, then fell or something. I don't know. Anyway, that was a lot of fun.

Yesterday, I got a phone call from Jess. This is pretty much how it went:

Jess: Hello, is Jacquie here?
Me: Yeah, it's me.
Jess: ...Jen's moving tomorrow.
Me: Heh, what?
Jess: Jen's moving tomorrow, to North Carolina.
Me: (In total disbelief at this point) What? Heh heh heh. (Nervous laughter)

Then we laughed for a little while, not because the matter is funny at ALL, but because we both had a hard time accepting it and we didn't know what to say. It was the one of the saddest laughs I've ever heard. It was so shocking. I mean, she sent me an e-mail a couple of days before with the tennis schedule for the Master's tournament. I didn't understand.

I got off the phone with Jess and walked into the family room and told my brothers in a zombie-like state what I just found out. Scott said "Haha" and I replied with "It's not a laughing matter." I wish I punched him in the face. He would have had it coming, too.

It didn't really hit me until I called Dan. I needed to talk to someone, and he has a knack of making me feel better, so I gave him a ring. Oddly enough, I started crying as soon as I talked to him. I'm crying a little now too, man, I sound like a mess.

What we (Jess, Brittany, and I) ended up doing was making a picture collage and buying a picture frame for Jen to put a picture from our farewell party at the Macaroni Grill in. We picked up Christina and surprised Jen then went to the Macaroni Grill, and while in the car ride there and waiting for our table at the restaurant, we did some Mad Libs.

I drew an awesome picture of the Stage Crew Ninjas from South Pacific on the paper tablecloth and I gave it to Jen as a little present. Dinner was great, and we told our waiter it was Jen's birthday (it was on the 21st) and they sang to her in Italian while she twirled a napkin around her head. Many incriminating photos were taken.

We went back to Jess's where we made a defective, yet tasty cheesecake, and we watched Reno 911/tennis (my newfound favorite sport as well as Jen's) and enjoyed Jen's last day as a resident Pennsylvanian.

I could list all of the memories and inside jokes that Jen and I have, but I won't. It's not really a goodbye, because she's coming back for Labor Day, and we're planning a trip down to Raliegh. I'll just say that I'll see her later, and I wish her the best with adjusting to her new home. But before then, I'll miss her a lot.

Actually, I miss her already.

Anyway, my dad paid the internet bill, so I'm not a technological outcast anymore. Well, every other week, that is. I'm planning on changing the picture on her, just because I have nothing better to do that isn't related with a certain AP English summer reading assignment. Heh.

I'll close this entry with some eloquent words from Mr. Bartholomew Simpson..."Smell ya later!"


9:03 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment


Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide