.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Saturday, May 15, 2004

So I'm listening to The Postal Service with the bass on and it's not helping my headache much, but the headache can do what it wants. I'm content.

Ah. Last night Jess, Jen, Brittany and I pigged out at Brittany's house (trampoline time included, of course) and went to see Mean Girls. I expected it to be really lame, but turned out to be really funny. The SNL cast members added humor to it, and who doesn't love girls talking about wideset vaginas. Oh yeah.

After that, we perused the "D-Town scene" which was lacking of...everything. It's really overrated, but I knew that already. Anyway, I made the crew stop into Siren Records, and bought "Give Up" by The Postal Service (what I'm listening to now). The best part of it...

(Jacquie at counter getting CD rung up by cashier girl, random male employee enters stage right, looks at CD on counter)
Guy: I am OBSESSED with that CD!
Jacquie: Really? (gets excited that someone else likes the same music then gazes into his amazing blue eyes in a dumbfounded manner and smiles with a stupid grin)
(Guy says other things, but Jacquie does not notice because of the guys's eyes. God, those eyes were incredible. Erm. I mean, Jacquie was indifferent to them...)

So, the trip to Siren Records was well worth it in two aspects. I'd like to have a picture of that guy's eyes, I think I'd never tire of that sight. Well, it's obvious what I see first in the opposite sex now, isn't it? The whole Postal Service thing helped too.

Wow. Anyway...today Jess, Jen, Brittany, Christina and I walked around New Hope, which was very mobbed because of the nice weather. We went into this CD store called Spinsters and saw a familiar face there, but he left before I could say hi. Poo. We ate at El Taco Loco, and went back to Jess's and watched Chappelle's Show while her little, yappy dog attacked us. Good times.

I took my "Depth of Field" pictures for photo today. I mentioned a little while ago that I saw a nice little stream that I wanted to take pictures of, not like anybody would remember, but I did that today. The guy who owns the property on which the stream runs through came out while I was taking pictures from the road and I kind of...walked away briskly. He motioned for me to come back, asked if I was taking pictures for a school project and told me I could walk through his property (which was an AMAZING garden) as long as I didn't mention his name or where he lives. Apparently, he gets mobbed with kids sometimes who are doing projects. He told me he's a retired artist (what he DIDN'T mention was that he used to draw political cartoons for the Inquirer) and that his property is actually a registered wildlife reserve. He has a little frog pond and has all sorts of tubes that circulate water from the stream to them and back again. He also houses wrens, which eat all of the annoying insects.

His yard was so beautiful, it had little winding paths, flowers, bushes, statues, everything. I just hope I did its beauty justice. He said he always wanted his son to take a picture of it, but he's too busy, but maybe if my pictures turn out well, I'll give him a print because he was so friendly and welcoming to me. I wish there were more people in this world like that.

Anyway, that's enough jibbajabba on my behalf. I'll leave you all with a quote from...The Postal Service:

I want so badly to believe that "there is truth, that love is real,"
and I want life in every word, to the extent that it's absurd.
I know you're wise beyond your years, but do you ever get the fear
that your perfect verse is just a lie that you tell yourself to help you get by?


10:29 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment


Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide