.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

BITTERSWEET DAY

Runner's death mars Big Sur Marathon

By JONATHAN SEGAL

Herald Staff Writer

A runner's death from cardiac arrest on Mile 17 of the Big Sur International Marathon marred an otherwise successful event.

The runner, an East Coast resident in his late 40s, did not respond to attempts to resuscitate him at the scene or at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, where doctors pronounced him dead.

That was my one of my 3rd cousins, my Great-Great Aunt Irene's son, Matthew. I know "Renie" more than Matthew, but it's really sad because he left his wife and children so suddenly.

I came into school today and found out that one of the autistic students at our school passed away last night at the age of 17. Add Matthew and the car crash to that, and hey, the last two weeks need to be erased from my memory. Mmmm yeah...that would be grrreat.

People need to stop dying. I'm just wondering when it's my turn now. Who knows. We don't have a lot of time.


5:05 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment


Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide