.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Saturday, December 13, 2003

Last night, I saw The Nutcracker done by the Dance Theater of Pennsylvania. I was in it 4 times. I saw all of the people I used to dance with, and now we're all grown up, and they have big parts because they committed to something that I just got sick of. It's rather nice to watch, though. I saw Caitlyn and Nick afterwards, Caitlyn kicked ass. I also saw Carla, my old character dancing teacher. She's still really nice.

I'm actually starting to get sick of Christmas, and it hasn't even begun yet. The 24-hour Christmas stations, the stress of Christmas shopping, it's getting to me. The magic of Christmas seems to be diminishing every year, and I seem to get more jaded and cynical every year as well. Maybe you don't see it, but I think I am.

It just seems like childhood is so full of life, and maybe that's because we're so innocent when we're children and we don't know a lot about the world. We believe in things that don't exist because we're imaginative, or we trust our parents when they say that Santa Claus is real. I don't believe in Santa anymore, as well as God. I don't know what to believe in anymore, I trust people a lot because I believe them, and some people think that's naïve. Perhaps it is, but I like to think that I can trust them, and that they're decent, honest people. I've found out that not all people are, obviously, but it hurts when you believe what someone says and they turn around and contradict themselves in their actions.

Whatever happened to the "honor system"? I'd go by it, but "nice guys finish last" it seems. Would you feel guilty if you cheated on a test and didn't get caught, or would you be happy that you got a better grade? Whatever happened to having a concience? Would you feel guilty if you stole something? Lied to someone? I would, hopefully you would too.

Well, I've rambled a lot, but that's because a) I needed to b) this blog wasn't really meant for "my fans" and c) not a lot of people bother to read it anyway.

I need something really random, exciting, SOMETHING to just wake me up and make me apprieciate my life more. Whatev. Tchao.


3:47 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment


Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide