.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Sunday, September 21, 2003

I haven't done the Friday Five in a LONG time, and the topic is right up my alley, so here it goes...

1. Who is your favorite singer/musician? Why?
I'm going to have to go with Thom Yorke, as far as a single musician goes. He's so inventive and willing to push the boundaries, even to sacrifice popularity, which shows how committed he is to making music, not making money.

2. What one singer/musician can you not stand? Why?
Sorry Jersey, but your two musical "claims to fame" are two of the artists I can't stand. Bon Jovi and Springsteen. Say it with me now...UGG. Springsteen sounds constipated, Bon Jovi is just annoying. "It's My Life"...try "It's My Sanity" that you're sucking out of me.

3. If your favorite singer wasn't in the music business, do you think you would still like him/her as a person?
Absolutely. Thom Yorke is quite an intellectual and sees things in a different way than most do. I admire him for that, and it's a quality that I think I'm developing as I mature.

4. Have you been to any concerts? If yes, who put on the best show?
Yes, and going with the whole Thom Yorke thing, Radiohead put on the most incredible show EVER. The other concerts I went to were the Monkees, Spice Girls, and Weezer. I know, what a variety. But seeing Radiohead...I can't even describe it, it was the best show I could have ever wished for.

5. What are your thoughts on downloading free music online vs. purchasing albums? Do you feel the RIAA is right in its pursuit to stop people from dowloading free music?
I have mixed feelings on this one, as far as the music industry goes. Downloading is affecting the mainstream artists, but I think that sometimes independant record sales are increased because through downloading, people are exposed to their music, and then go out and buy their albums. I think that even if record prices are dropped, people are STILL going to download (me included, even though I DO buy CD's because I don't have a burner) and it's a crazy vicious cycle. I don't think going after 12 year olds is going to do anything, and the RIAA is going to extremes to try and stop people, but it's not really successful.


7:11 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment


Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide