.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Friday, May 10, 2002

Ug. Today I saw the video for "Dope Nose" by Weezer. (Makes gaging noise) It was so filled with fakeness I wanted to throw up or cry. I remembered the quite emotional video for "Say It Ain't So", then I watched this one and said that song title to myself in my head. I watched the bearded hermit/hateful SOB sing a bad song while Japanese bikers rode around them. I hoped one of them would run Rivers over, but I didn't get my wish. Shucks. The only one who wasn't completely fake was Brian, because he always acts like that while playing. Pat was jumping up and down while playing...uh...were they drums? I guess so, but Pat doesn't belong playing while standing up, it looks weird. Rivers probably made him do that, then after shooting the video, went of and had an orgy with the female Japanese bikers. Sick pervert. He has an 18 year old cyber girlfriend. That's just downright SICK.

After being disgusted while watching that "video", something amazing happened. It was the greatest thing in the whole world. Right after "Dope Nose" faded, the other video came on. There were these two girls facing in, both wearing these thick glasses. I thought of Matt Sharp and how he wore those kind of glasses while in The Rentals. Then I thought to myself, wait, could this be a video by THE RENTALS???!!! Sure enough...IT WAS! I was ecstatic. I never heard any songs by them, and I still like Matt Sharp even though he's an ass right now. (I hope he wins that lawsuit against Weezer and sticks his settlement up Rivers' ass!) So then my good friend Matty, equipped with those funky glasses, came on and it said "The Rentals (below it) Friends of P. Then, there was a Russian subtitle below it! Russian! That was probably Matt's idea, being he co-directed this video. I loved the song! I never heard anything by The Rentals, but I'll probably go out and by the cd after hearing one song by them like I always do. Jordan, my rockin' online amigo said the cd was great and I should get it after explaining the incident when I almost cried buying the Phantom Planet cd instead of The Rentals cd, because of the look on Matt's face on the cover. It's sad, yet hypnotic. I think I stared at it and slowly put it down when I saw the Phantom Planet one. Ok, I chucked it, but it was a hard decision for me. So anyway, the video included Pat Wilson standing in the back playing the drums while standing up (wow, two videos in a row featuring Pat Wilson drumming while standing up!) a girl playing a Moog synthesizer (well duh, this is Matt Sharp we're talking about!) and Russian subtitles the whole time through! Then at the end, everyone just stopped and looked at the camera for 20 seconds before it ended. Very strange and Matt-ish. I wanted to call somebody and tell them to turn on MTV2, but nobody knows about The Rentals, Matt Sharp or Weezer's history. I also saw my old favorite video back in the days of The Box (music video request channel) "Why's Everybody Always Picking On Me" by The Bloodhound Gang.

If you have no idea what that above paragraph meant, or you don't know about Matt Sharp or The Rentals, you might now, and I have just wasted your time. Thank you ladies and gents, and goodnight.

P.S. I went to the last "all school TMS dance" in my life tonight, and it was ok. I talked to Mike a lot and danced with him. Score.


11:04 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment


Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide