.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Saturday, May 04, 2002

I was going to blog earlier, then decided not to just because I was in a moment of bliss playing spider solitaire. Speaking of spider, I just saw Spiderman with the crew. Ok I'll name them (Lauren, Jenna, Mike, Kara, Kara, and me). The movie was awesome, see it now. NOW! Ok, fine, don't. I thought since Tobey McGuire is a low key dud, the movie wouldn't be all that good. But his character, Peter Parker, was kind of low key so it all worked out. In the beginning of the movie when he had black rimmed glasses and he was a dork...GOD I wanted to be all over him like a fly on a carcus. Ew. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. Anyway, the whole geek chic made me in love with Peter Parker. I know he's not even a real person, but if he was, oh man. I would be his number 1 stalker. In the movie, he was the PERFECT guy for me. He was a geek. Woo. He had nice eyes. Woo Woo. He was nice and emotional. Bingo. I want Tobey McGuire to just...stay in his character 24/7. Yeah, that sounds good. Who else is in for some stalkage? (Raises hand). Ok, just me.

Today was the flea market. It was all right, but the hagglers killed me. I only made about 7.50, because I got the profits of the little hoogies of mine I was selling. I was selling this 3D Statue Of Liberty puzzle that I never put together. Originally, it was around 20.00. At the flea market, I wanted 3.00. I think that's rather good. Then later, I marked it down to 2.00. This lady came and asked, "Can I take it for a dollar." (I was thinking, "NO YOU CAN'T TAKE IT FOR A DOLLAR! WHAT DO I LOOK LIKE? A RUG? SO YOU CAN WALK ALL OVER ME?!") What I actually did: "...Sure. (went and got her a bag while rolling eyes and gritting teeth). Can you see me making a living off of this? First of all, NO, and second off all I have . <------ that much patience. I got a little sunburned, so blah. I saw two (not one, but two) people that looked like my vice principal, Dr. Parry. One of them was the guy two spaces away from us. I talked to him for a while about education, discipline, and other areas. It actually was a good intelligent conversation.

Go here. It's some funny stuff, trust me.

Oh yeah, Dana blogged on Bridget's site and it's hella funny. Why did I just say hella?

Man, some people are interested in Danielle's (Possette), Jenna's (Possella), and mine (Possita), little cult. We started it a little while ago and it's called the Putrid Priesthood of Possums. We worship the little furry guys. That bring meaning to our lives. Wait, we don't have any. Ok, here's the story...

One night, I had a dream that I was at some gathering and a group of people who wore brown hooded cloaks were there. I was interested in who they were, so I approached them, and they said they were a religious group that did not believe in God but something else and I forget it. They were really nice so I decided to follow them. In the back of the group, I saw Jenna and asked her, "Why are you here?" Then she told me that she told me before she belonged to this group and I remembered her saying that. That was the end of the dream.

I guess it was either the day after, or the day after that, and my mom and I were listening to the radio while she dropped me off at school. They were talking about weird animal encounters, and my mom told me the story of when there was a possum in her house in Florida once and it destroyed the house and it and the cat were hissing at each other. Her dad didn't have his glasses on when he went to bed, and didn't realize there was a possum on the table with the cat.

Then, that day, we had an emergency evacuation drill at school, and Danielle, Jenna and I got to talking. I guess the whole thing started when I discussed my dream, and how Jenna was in it. Then it got to the point to where we were deciding what our cult would be like. Someone mentioned animals and they were thinking of squirrels, chipmunks, etc. and I said possums. That, my friends, was the start of a wonderful...uh...thing. We made up our names and were talking about everything possum related.

We all went to see The Scorpion King (I wore a "Hello My Name Is" sticker with "Possita" on it) and in the movie, there is a part where three brown hooded cloaked people are talking to people. Wow. Coincidence? I THINK NOT! We all looked at each other, and it was a "whoa" moment.

In science, we were talking about animal yingyangs, and the possum was mentioned. It had 2 yingyangs, or as Dr. Mack called it "double barreled".

At lunch one day, Jenna did the "soda tab" letter thing, and she got "P". Tonight at the movies, she wore it on a chain around her neck.

Call us freaks, call us what you will. We admit it, it's an obsession that's gone to far. It's more of a obsession/hobby though, and it's fun to talk about possums. They are so forgotten among animals, and people think we're nuts. Yes, we are. But now, people want to join so WHO'S NUTS NOW?! Mwhahahahaha-ok. All these coincidences are cool though, scary, but cool. Whatever. I'm going to bed. Peace out.


11:37 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment


Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide