.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life of the Bored and Taskless.

Saturday, February 02, 2002

My crackhead uncle from Florida called me last night at 12:30 AM. He was looking for my dad, even though my parents are divorced and my dad is not related to him. He talked to me for about an hour about rock n' roll, dating, song lyrics and their meanings, and much more. He turned up his stereo and said "Yeah man, this is awesome...der der...der der...der der...der der der der der der.." (Brain Stew- Green Day) and said "Do ya dig?" Then he explained that "my eyes feel like they're gonna bleed" means "I'm sick of everything". Do you know how tired I was, he didn't. He also played a Pearl Jam song and he said "Yeah man, listen to the lyrics. They rock!" I can't make out what Eddie Vedder says to begin with, but over the phone it's worse. I told him I couldn't make it out and he didn't understand. Then he started singing two of the songs he wrote, about chemical warfare and how we stole the land from the Indians. (Native Americans if you want to be politically correct.) He told me, since me and Frank split last night over the phone, that I should look for a "cool guy who plays the guitar, bass, or drums" and "he should know how to shake his ass". Beautiful. He called 10 minutes after we hung up, and I let my dad handle the psycho.


3:29 PM | Jacquie | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment


Me in a tree. Circa 1990.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Blog Buddies.
Fight the Boredom!
Ancient Ramblings.
End Credits.

Skin created by Athena Farhibide